2022 College visit – The University of Miami
The University of Miami held a virtual college admission briefing for our SSI.
Helpful Info for college applications (from the International Admissions Director at Miami University: Mindy Yiu)
- Most universities are taking a holistic approach on candidates- more than numbers. Grades are important, scores are important, but you cannot appeal to a top university without branding yourself. She said that students need to really work on their own story- create experiences, do work outside of school, make memories that add to their career & job goals.
- More and more universities are becoming test-optional. But if you can take them you should. Especially good scores.
- If your score on the SAT/ACT Reading sections are high enough, TOEFL/IELTS/English language tests may not be required.
- For common application essay topics- students must personalize each essay to the university. Avoid copying and pasting the exact same essays- always show the university why YOU need to go THERE.
- Scholarships may be easier to get if you diversify your interests. If the school is super competitive for a specific major, it will be hard to get a scholarship for that major.
- Show the school you have an interest in a special program or research opportunity that they offer. Admissions officers like to see what you would really do once you get there.
- Do not lie about your abilities or talents.
사진 출처 : Miami University Marketing & Communication